Visited by painters since 1860, Pont Aven rose to prominence in 1886 with the creation of the Pont-Aven School around Gauguin, Bernard, Sérusier, etc.
Stroll around the Bois d’Amour (Lover’s wood), the harbour, wander along the wash-houses and 14 windmills, ending your walk with a gourmet break to enjoy a famous Breton pancake and other local delights.
Places to visit:
- The museum of fine art
- The contemporary arts centre
- The artist galleries and workshops
- The tour of places that inspired the painters
- Trémalo Chapel (16th Century) and The Yellow Christ
- The Calvary at Nizon
- Sightseeing cruises on the Aven River
- Guided tours of the town, museum and biscuit factories.
- Access to the GR34 coastal path
For more information: www.pontaven.com